Please note conditions of entry to the club during sailing and after
PUBLIC HEALTH - COVID 19
The recent COVID-19 outbreak at the Crossroads Hotel, along with the huge line up outside the Golden Sheaf has meant that venues are now being closely monitored by the media and law enforcement agencies. We have taken the pandemic extremely seriously since March and continue to do so. This means that we will continue to enforce limits on attendees at the club, as well as other measures such as signing in for every person who enters the clubhouse.
Please do not take offence if from time to time we are unable to admit patrons. The last thing we want is for the club to be at the centre of attention for the wrong reasons. Whilst we are striving to have a good atmosphere inside the clubhouse, ultimately we are still in a period of mandatory social distancing so we cannot push the envelope. If nothing else, what has happened in Casula is a reminder that we all must remain vigilant and we have a responsibility to each other.
If you are using club equipment at any time, please ensure you use the hand sanitizer both before and after and wipe down the equipment used.
In accordance with NSW Pubic Health Advice, we are requesting members and guests, who have been to the following locations not visit the club for the next 14 days:
- The State of Victoria
- Highfield, Caringbah - 5 July
- COOK @ Kurnell - 5 July
- Crossroads Hotel, Casula - 3 to 10 July
- The Picton Hotel, Picton - 4, 9, 10 July
- The Star Casino, Sydney - 4 July
- Canterbury Leagues Club, Canterbury - 4 July
This list is not exhaustive and is ever-evolving. Please keep up with current updates to ensure that you do not put your community at risk.
We are delighted to announce the re-opening of the Clubhouse and back to racing from Saturday 13th June, under conditions that will ensure the health and safety of our Members, and staff.
With the return to sailing we need to practice social distancing to
Please remember that the reopening of licensed venues across New South Wales has come with extremely strict regulation. Whether we all agree with them is immaterial - they are the rules in place and we all have to abide by them. The regulations will be communicated prior to each race as the conditions can and will change.
13/6/20, 27/6/20, 11/7/20, 25/7/20, 8/8/20, 22/8/20
Points to Follow
After Sailing Restrictions
* Access to the bar will be via the inside stairs , wristbands will be issued to ensure numbers
As there is no official winter series for centreboards we are looking at racing one Sunday a month if there is enough interest.
Please contact Craig Smith if you want to be included on the distribution list for when a Sunday race will be held.
When the weather conditions appear to be appropriate for a winter race you will be contacted.
Craig Smith 0437665044.
|Find us online|
Letter To Members Covid-19.pdf As at 20.3.20 9.30am
Due to the ever increasing risk of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) spreading throughout our community, the Board of the Cronulla Sailing Club has suspended all sailing and social events until 1st May 2020, after which we will reassess the situation.
This decision has been made based on all the available information from both State and Federal Government agencies and our governing body, Australian Sailing.
The health and safety of our members, staff and volunteers is our first priority followed closely by the greater community.
This action falls in line with many other NSW Sailing Clubs and Sporting Associations across the country.
We have also canceled our last three weeks of Friday Night Twilight Sailing and Bar Trading effective immediately.
Rest assured that we have not made this decision lightly and we are fully aware of the disappointment this brings to our members, however, when this virus slows down and things return to normal we will be back bigger and better than ever.
The Board of the Cronulla Sailing Club will be constantly monitoring the situation and will keep all of our members up to date with any changes that may take place, but for now, it is all about staying healthy and looking after each other.
Regards Rob Francis Commodore
Cronulla Sailing Club
What is on at CSC this week? As at 18.3.20 3.30pm
The Board is currently monitoring the current situation and will advise all members later in the week. We are following both the Australian Government and Australian Sailing guidelines.
As we have no sailing planned for this Saturday the 21st March 2020 the resail will not be held.
Sailability has been cancelled until further notice effective 18.3.20
Learn to sail program has been cancelled until further notice effective 18.3.20
Sunday sailing has been cancelled for this week and more details to be advised later in the week.
The website will be updated daily. or contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday Nights has now been cancelled till 9th October 2020